The basic idea in the hall test is to stop just as many persons from the products target group that it will be possible to make a statistical correct evaluation. The name a "hall-test" is from the original method to stop persons in a hall to have their opinion.
We all know interviews, phone interviews, questionnaires etc. All are hall-tests.
All hall-tests are designed in the same structure:
- Are you in my target group? If no the interview is stopped.
- General questions about the person as male/female age family relations, income, lifestyle etc.
- Questions about the consume in the product group as the quantity of the consume, products used today, preparation in the home, the behaviour of other persons in the family etc.
- Product presentation and/or appetisers (se later)
- Questions about your product, as do you like the shape of the packaging, is the packaging exclusive, colours, surface, pictures, opening, etc.
- General questions, as do you like my product, do you want to buy etc.