This method is alone based on practical observations in the company.
- Registration of sales numbers on different markets and/or retail shops.
- Change the packaging design - use either more or less packaging.
- New registration of sales numbers on the same markets and/or retail shops.
- Analyse the data.
- Repeat this process until you are able to demonstrate optimal packaging
- Write a report for documentation of the process.
The method is simple and does not need equipment or educated personnel. BUT it will normally be a very expensive method to use because you in the process must demonstrate bad sales numbers in order to demonstrate critical area of packaging.
See also under Packaging Science - Marketing - Market Observation