The idea is that the situation on a packaging line is so complex that specifications and data alone cannot give a conclusion. Real tests on the existing packaging line are the only way to obtain a real conclusion.
The process will be as follows:
- Estimate the critical specification for your packaging
- Find different packaging materials around the critical level for the packaging.
- Make a plan for testing a number of different materials/packaging on your line.
- Make photos and videos of the test-runs and focus on damages.
- If all the different packaging tested can be accepted proceed to find even lighter or smaller packaging.
- If some packaging is rejected choose the smallest package accepted.
- Write a documentation/report including all written data, photos and maybe a video.