At first view this Long-term Economical Assessment method can look very interesting. But be aware of following before deciding:
- The method builds on many minor upgrades and downgrades of the packaging materials on all your packaging. The end-conclusion can easily be confusing for all and also expensive to change all the time.
- You will get problems when you are going to pack new or upgraded products. It will take some time before you have reached the optimal package.
- You are not really able to refer to packaging science and some authorities can doubt that you have reached an optimum.
- The method does not demand many changes in the existing systems.
- You do not need to invest in education and new technology.
- By using this big control circle you are measuring on the real world and do not use predictions as the other methods are force to use.